Agricultural University of Athens,
Iera odos 75, 11855, Athens
email: gkosmad (at) aua.gr
EDUCATION AND CAREER
- March 2005–June 2011: Ph.D. Thesis in School of Mechanical Engineering, Internal Combustion Engines Laboratory, National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Title: “Development of a computational fluid dynamics code for the simulation of transport phenomena and their effect on the operation and emissions of internal combustion engines with hydrogen as a fuel”. (http://dspace.lib.ntua.gr/handle/123456789/4608).
- 2003–2004: M.Sc. “Energy production and management”, National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Diploma degree: 8.60/10.
- 1998–2003: Diploma of Mechanical Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Diploma degree: 7.90/10.
- 2005–2011: Ph. D. research scholarship awarded by the Greek State Scholarships Foundation in the field of “Emissions of Internal Combustion Engines”.
- 2007–2010: “Thomaidio Award for the Advancement of Science and Arts”, for the publication of outstanding research papers in International Scientific Journals.
Dr. Ing. George Kosmadakis has published a total of 28 scientific papers in Int. Journals (19) and Conference proceedings (9) with more than 165 citations and an h-index of 8, excluding self-citations (June 2013 statistics). He has also drafted numerous reports for the research projects he is participating.
- 2007 – present: Reasearch Associate at the Agricultural University of Athens, Greece.
- 2005 – 2011: Teaching assistant at the School of Mechanical Engineering, National Technical University of Athens. Course: Internal Combustion Engines I (undergraduate), lectures, workshop, exams correction.
- Sept. – Oct. 2002: Company: ABB SA (Greece), position: Trainee, Mechanical Engineer (operation, maintenance and service of turbo-chargers).
- Greek (native)
- English (fluent, Certificate of Proficiency, Cambridge, 1998)
- German (good, Zeugnis-Zentrale Mittelstufenprufung, Goethe-Institut, 2001)
MS Office, Tecplot, Autocad, 3D Studio, Visual Fortran, Grapher, Matlab, Trnsys, Engineering Equation Solver (EES).